NSW Health has reported another locally acquired case in Sydney. This second case is a close contact of the gentleman 'Trying to find the best BBQ in NSW' yesterday. Residents in Greater Sydney will be introduced to restrictions from midday today - and enforceable by authorities from 5pm - the restrictions will apply for residents of Greater Sydney including Wollongong, Central Coast and the Blue Mountains.
The restrictions will be in place until 12:01am Monday, May 10.
A snapshot of the newly introduced restrictions below:
- Visitors to households will be limited to 20 guests – including children;
- Masks will be compulsory on public transport and in all public indoor venues, such as retail, theatres, hospitals, aged care facilities and for front-of-house hospitality staff (except in a hospitality venue when eating or drinking);
- Drinking while standing up at indoor venues will not be allowed;
- Singing by audiences at indoor shows or by congregants at indoor places of worship will not be allowed;
- Dancing will not be allowed at indoor hospitality venues or nightclubs however, dancing is allowed at weddings with a strong recommendation that no more than 20 people should be on the dancefloor at any one time; and
- Visitors to aged care facilities will be limited to two people.
Hopefully, this quick reaction to the two new locally acquired cases in Sydney doesn't go past May 10 🤞 You can do this Sydney!