"Positive nutrition" is an emerging trend in the US. This focus is on the healthy ingredients in food, drink, and supplements, instead of avoiding less healthy ingredients. This relates to the wellness theory of "crowding out"; more positive choices leave less room for negative habits.
Customers are focusing less on restriction and eliminating certain items from their food choices. Instead, they're creating a well-balanced diet and lifestyle, full of ingredients that will promote their health and wellbeing. The population group that is leading this mindful change are... you guessed it, Millennials.
Recently, Millennials overtook the Baby Boomers as Australia’s largest population group. Their income will rise in the coming years, and their preferences and buying power will continue to influence industry trends.
Customers in this demographic are more likely to:
- Eat out at restaurants and cafés
- Make healthier food and beverage choices
- Pay via handheld devices using ApplePay & GooglePay
- Use social media to scope out a venue before attending
- Order takeaway or delivery online
Ideas for your venue:
- Use your sales and orders data to determine what your customers are buying
- Provide easy and clear options or extras for the health-conscious or time-poor
- Ensure you have GooglePay & ApplePay available for digital-savvy customers
- Check out our tips to improve your Instagram feed
Let us know if you've noticed any interesting trends, and make sure you subscribe below to get our updates straight to your inbox.