The number of COVID-19 cases in NSW has surged again today with 22 new local cases announced. Bringing the total number of cases linked to the Bondi cluster now at 65.
The NSW Government has announced stay-at-home orders for residents, workers and businesses in the Woollahra, Waverley, Randwick and the City of Sydney Council areas to begin at 11:59pm tonight, Friday 25 June. This lockdown will be in place for at least a week.
Hospitality venues must offer takeaway and delivery service only in four local government areas.
- City of Sydney Council
Under the lockdown conditions, people who live or work in the four LGAs may only leave home for:
- Work if you can’t work from home
- Exercise in groups of 10 or less outdoors
- Education if it can’t be done from home
- To buy essential goods or services including food and drinks.
- To provide essential care to someone
Key Info for Businesses:
- People living outside this area can enter the four LGAs but only for the above essential purposes.
- Businesses in these LGAs can only open for takeaway or delivery purposes only.
- Workers living in these LGAs can leave their home to attend work regardless of where their place of work is.
This means restaurants and cafes in those four local government areas must offer takeaway and delivery service only. Please refer to the Restaurant & Catering NSW Fact Sheet for more detailed information.